Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my employer see my private health information?
- A. No, your private health information is completely confidential and will never be shared your employer.
Q. Will there be a change to my insurance plan and or carrier
- A. No, there will not be a change. We will still have Anthem insurance and the coverage will remain the same. The clinic is just an added benefit for covered employees to use at no cost (co-plays, some meds, and lab fees)
Q. Do employees have to use the clinic?
- A. No, patients can choose to use the clinic or continue to use their current physician. In many cases we see patients taking advantage of the free comprehensive physical at the clinic and continuing to use their primary care physician for other issues.
Q. What will be the cost to participants to use the clinic?
- A. There will be no cost to the participants (who have NLCS health insurance) to access the clinic, either for the visit or for any drugs dispensed at the clinic.
Q. What drugs are dispensed at the clinic?
- A. The Clinic will stock 25 to 50 of the most frequently used generic drugs. That mix of drugs may change over time as utilization patterns of the participants accessing the clinic emerge. Please click on this link to view the list of drugs available at the clinic: NLCS Drug List
Q. What does this mean for our local providers?
- A. This should have very little impact on the local providers. We have found that up to 60% of members don't have an established relationships with a primary care physician, and since clinic use is voluntary, members can make a choice.
Q. Will the NLCS members will be able to utilize the Monroe Country Government location? If so, what are the hours of that clinic?
- A. Yes the NLCS members will be able to access the Monroe County Government clinic. Please see links at the top of the page for hours.
Q. Where will the NLCS clinic be located?
- A. The clinic will be located in Bedford in the upper level of the Parkview Professional Building at 1901 16th Street.
Q. What will the hours of the Clinic be?
- A. Please see links at the top of the page for hours.
Q. Will the Doctor be affiliated with either of the local hospitals?
- A. No, the doctor will be completely independent. As a result, referrals will be based on the facility that can provide the highest quality and most cost effective service and or patient choice.